Renaissance Capital (also referred to as the «Firm», or «we») is committed to ensuring the privacy and integrity of personal information entrusted to us.
This Policy describes in detail how we deal with information that we collect on this website (the «Site»).
Why does Renaissance Capital collect personal information?
We collect, process, and use personal information on our Site in order to offer you even better products and services, further enhance our business processes to our clients’ requirements and help direct you to the most suitable information on our products and services.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you when you use this Site or when you use other services offered by Renaissance Capital in the following ways:
- The collection of personal information about you as a result of us recording certain telephone calls1 which our employees may have with you, electronic messages sent by or to you, and storing those records in order to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations or for Renaissance Capital business purposes.
- If you register to use the password-protected sections of our Site, including but not limited to Research Portal, Cabinet or Conference, we will ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself. This information may include your name, company name, title, address, country of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, account number, assets, income and financial situation. We use such information to verify your identity and eligibility to receive certain services.
- If the visitor had ever used his/her credentials to access our Site, when he/she visits the Site again (any of its resources or web-page), his/her device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as browser type and settings, IP address, cookies, activity logs, geolocation data), some of which may constitute personal data.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your device to keep track of your visit to a website and your preferences, as you move between pages, and sometimes to save settings between visits.
Cookies enable a website to tag your device and recognize it as you move around the site (and potentially when you return at a later date) so that, for example you do not have to re-enter your password each time you move between pages of the website.
Cookies also enable the developers of websites to gather statistics about how often people visit certain areas of the website and help in tailoring websites to be more useful and user-friendly.
When trying to understand Cookies, and how to control them, it can help to know some terminology:
- First party cookies: Cookies installed on your device by the organization running the website you are visiting are known as «first party» cookies.
- Third party cookies: Cookies installed on your device via the website you are visiting by another organization are termed «third party» cookies. An example is a cookie set by a specialist website analytics company that provides the website owner with data on the numbers of people visiting its website.
- Persistent cookies: remain on your device even after you close your internet browser. They are activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie. For example, where a «persistent cookie» is used on a website to remember your login details, you will not need to enter those details each time you visit that website.
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies and are typically used to enable the website to operate, e.g. by permitting a user to move from page to page without having to log in again. Once you close your browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Which Cookies we use
Our Site utilises Session and Persistent Cookies.
We use Session cookies for analytical purposes and to maintain our website most efficiently.
We use Persistent cookies to:
- recognize you as a unique user so that you do not have to input the login details multiple times when moving between our pages or services;
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use our Site and help us improve the structure of our Site.
Google Analytics cookies
Our Site also uses Google Analytics cookies that may collect the following information about you:
- Operation System, Browser;
- Visits (quantity and dates);
- Timestamp and duration of the visit;
- Request rate (channel speed);
- Traffic source (geolocation and country).
How we safeguard your personal information
We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees, agents or other parties who need to know that information to provide support or other services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology. Our employees are bound by legal agreements with respect to their processing of personal data of clients.
You may opt-out of cookies (and the use of this website) at any time, by deleting the cookies that were set by the Site. This can be done via the settings of your internet browser, by deleting cache, browsing history and cookies.
In view of the importance of data privacy, we will assume you:
- agree to accept the cookies that we use on our Site if you continue using our Site or do not disable or opt out of the Cookies as described above
- that by continuing usage of this Site, you give your consent to Renaissance Capital to processing of Cookies and user data, including by using Google Analytics.
1 Telephone calls are not recorded when visiting the «Site» but the recording of telephone calls can occur when contacting dealer desks.